160 West 3rd Ave Colville , WA 99114 (509) 684-6251
160 West 3rd Ave, Colville, WA 99114

Canadian Customers

Buy from us and save thousands!

Having the advantage of being located so close to several major border crossing points, Carter Toyota is well positioned to save a great deal of money to our friends just across the border.

Carter Toyota CAN sell pre-owned Toyota Certified vehicles for export to Canada! However, pursuant to Toyota Manufacturing guidelines, the Certification benefits are limited to the US only. Carter Toyota offers Vehicle Service Contracts that can be used in Canada; they are comparable to the Toyota Certification Warranty.

According to regulations set forth by the manufacturer, Toyota Certified used and new Toyota models may only be sold by U.S. dealers to U.S. customers. SIMPLY STATED, if a customer is going to register and operate their TCUV purchase outside the Continental US, Alaska or Hawaii then the TCUV CERTIFICATION AND ALL ELEMENTS of the TCUV package are invalid.

First, we'll need three forms of proof that you live outside Washington State. Acceptable forms include a Driver's License, Voter's registration card, property tax statement, or a utility bill. This will exempt you from Washington State Sales Tax.

We'll agree on a deal and cut you a purchase order. You'll sign this and return it to us, and reserve a copy for customs. There are a couple other forms that we'll have you sign, including an odometer disclosure and a few others. We'll do this by FedEx or other courier, to make the process faster and more convenient for you.

Next, we need to collect money via certified check (US Funds). This is simple and straightforward. The vehicle must be paid for in full before it leaves our location - we must be able to verify receipt of your funds.

Finally, we will fax you a copy of the title, and a letter from a representative of Toyota saying that the vehicle is clear of all recalls. That, plus the purchase order, must "cure" at the border for 3 days prior to export. We have contact information for the border if you should need it.

Thanks again. Make sure that your province doesn't require any equipment that our vehicle may not have - daytime running lights are required in most if not all provinces, and engine block heaters are required in some.

Please inquire further by stopping by our dealership in Colville, or using our Contact Us form, or send us an email about any one of our vehicles.  We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Sales Tax Rate Comparison


Building your garage...

Garage Icon